SailNet Community - View Single Post - Venezuelan Navy intervention with US Sailboat provokes the loss of our vessel
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2011
Super Fuzzy Moderator

tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellosailor View Post
So a discussion on the rights and wrongs of a Venezualan Navy vessel and crew are not political, but the discussion of someone's socail and management skills are?

The distinction eludes me. It is, ah, to be found in what? The paucity of military sailing skills, as opposed to management styles? (It did seem like the style was at quesiton, more so than the skills, but perhaps I misread that.)
HS,

Apologies but I missed your post last week.

A discussion on the pros and cons, the sanity or otherwise of any nations leader is bound to end up in off topic. Such a discussion has absolutely nothing to do with sailing as such. The behaviour of a Venezuelan naval vessel and its impact on a sailing vessel is however sailing related, not necessarily political.

Hey, it may stray there and if it does then off to the sewer we go though to date it has not gone off the tracks.

“Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.” Terry Pratchett
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook