SailNet Community - View Single Post - Delivery vs. Truck Transport
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2011

Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobGallagher View Post
Skippered delivery (paid) or Trucking a 30 ft sailboat from Annapolis Maryland to Mystic Connecticut?

The marina the boat is stored at has quoted me $1700 to unstep the mast and load the boat onto a truck.

The first trucking quote was $3000 to ship it to Mystic.

I'm in shock...sticker shock. Are these prices in line or am I just spoiled at my marina?

Prices and pitfalls of hiring a delivery captain? Is it worth it for a 30 ft boat?

No, I can't get the time off now to deliver the boat myself. Although I would love to.
Contact Jon Eisberg, he's a member here, and one of the more competent delivery captains out there. Probably one of the few I'd let deliver my own boat and I am a picky MFer'.. Also don't forget the labor on the other end to remove from trailer, block and stands, re-launch, re-step, tune, etc. etc... Jon I would suspect to be quite a bit less that the 5k plus you're looking at...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

© Images In Posts Property of Compass Marine Inc.

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook