SailNet Community - View Single Post - Pictures: Those perfect moments
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2011

PCP will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdw View Post
My like button is worn out .....

I must say that some of you lot are very good photographers. I'm a happy snapper at best, indeed I have tendency to forget to even bring the damn camera.

Paulo ... I understand where you are coming from re Europe and that in no way diminishes my appreciation for raw natural beauty. The only sailing I have done in Europe is some day sailing around Lisbon but I've toured Spain fairly extensively and the idea of port hopping along the Biscay coast from the Basque Country to Galicia then down along the Portuguese coast and on to the border with Spain is for me another dream. OK, so you have to be a lover of the ancient and probably you need to have a yen for Iberian food and wine but for those of you who have never been to Europe these places have to be experienced to be understood.

Paella on the waterfront while watching America's Cup boats off Valencia.
To you all guys, wonderful photos, incredible places It is a pleasure to see the lovely places you have been cruising...and also a motivation to go there

Andrew, regarding Spain, Portugal and food, an advise to you all, the best at the best prices are on the Atlantic coast of Portugal and Spain. Well, the South of Portugal (Algarve) is also on the Atlantic, but we kind of fell that is already Med

We can still find very good food on Algarve and on the Med coast of Spain...but it is a lot more expensive.

I like particularly the Galiza coast (North of Spain) its Rias and Islands and I love the wine, Albarinho, that is also a Portuguese wine: Minho/Galiza. Besides I, as all Portuguese love Galegos and the feeling is reciprocal. I don't know if you know this but the Portuguese language is almost the same as the one they speak on Galiza. Portuguese language born out of Gallego, the local language (1000 years ago the language was the same).

Galiza 2004 Cies Islands

Galiza 2004 Cies Islands

Portugal, Berlengas Islands, with its old fortress.

Regards

Paulo
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook