SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2011

PCP will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricKLYC View Post
I’m sure Paulo will come across this litlle boat at the Nautic in Paris, intended to be a used as a dinghy: the Albatros, designed by Jean-Marie Finot.

Attachment 9525

A very particular dingy, since the “daggerboard” is in fact ballasted with 30kg of lead, making the boat much more stable and forgiving than one would expect. It pivots under the hull, a design also seen on the First Class 8 and the cruising Pogo’s. But it also seems to cant automatically, in a way I don’t quite understand.

Attachment 9526

Otherwise it looks a lot like a mini Pogo with one rudder, don’t you think?

Attachment 9527

Attachment 9528

It also seems to behave in a similar way, intended to be sailed with a little heel and able to plane quickly, even upwind.

Carbon mast, retractable bowsprit, textile rigging and built in a light and rigid material called Evolite which is also used in automobiles.

It is also said to be very safe, without requiring athletic capacities to be sailed well

Attachment 9529

Finot and their partners intend to build this boat in very large numbers, at a standard price of € 6.000.
Both Voiles Magazine and Voiles & Voiliers test sailed it and were quite enthousiastic.

Best regards,

Eric
Well Eric, the only boat I could not resist to take a snapshot with the mobilphone was this one

The boat is so sexy I had to resist not to buy one

And on this picture you have Jean Marie Finot and his wife having fun in it like kids!!! You have to love that guy: Has designed all sort of great sailboats, from Open 60's to Pogos, to Cigales or some of the best Benetaus and still obviously having pleasure not only in designing very simple, fast and affordable sailboats, but also in sailing them

Yes, that boat is going to be a hit and it should be because it is so beautiful that it has to be a great sailboat.

Regards

Paulo
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook