SailNet Community - View Single Post - Sailing from SC to Florida
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2011
Old as Dirt!

svHyLyte is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davebernard52 View Post
...I am not worried about your being PC or kind. "PC" has nothing to do with this and your diatribe about being PC is a silly distraction from the point. I think you were arrogant and not the least bit helpful. If you really wanted to be helpful, instead of sending me three paragraphs justifying yourself, why not be a positive factor and send him a three paragraph explanation of the Gulfstream and how to deal with it. ...
David,

Based upon the context of your comments, I assume you are responding to me. (When responding to someone on this forum and most, it is wise to use the "quote" function in the reply so that others know to whom one's response is directed.)

N'any case, FYI, if you will refer to Post #8 on the first page of this thread, you will see that I did in fact provide a reasonably valuable resource to the Original Poster (AKA "OP"). I do not disagree that providing someone with "Local Knowledge" is worthwhile, but when someone's inquiry reveals rather stunning naivety within the context of what they are proposing en gross, it may not be a disservice to mention that--not "kind" perhaps, but not a disservice. (Moreover, where the west wall of the Stream is located at any give time "ain't" local knowledge.)

I regret that you are disturbed by rank candor. Some folks tend to be less "diplomatic" than others, particularly on sailing forums. I don't always agree with the approach but, LION, it goes with the territory. If your sensibilities are offended, this may not be a good venue for you although, in general, there is very valuable knowledge to be gleaned by simply following a discussion if not participating.

Hopefully the OP has made/or is making his/her passage in safety if not comfort and all goes well.

FWIW...
"It is not so much for its beauty that the sea makes a claim upon men's hearts, as for that subtle something, that quality of air, that emanation from the waves, that so wonderfully renews a weary spirit."
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook