SailNet Community - View Single Post - Sailing from SC to Florida
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2011
A mod and her dragon

DRFerron is on a distinguished road
Dave,

The first thing that caught my attention about the OP was that he/she was making a major move the next day without knowing the basics of where to even locate the information.

Knowing the weather along the coast, as I'm sure you'll agree with your experience, is important. For those with experience, that resource would have been in their arsenal long before then and they would know to start monitoring forecasts and keeping an eye on the stream more than a day before departure.

I'm sorry that your first experience with this forum was negative. Sometimes the delivery is harsher than it needs to be so in that respect, you are right. There are different personalities in this forum just as you'll find different personalities sitting around the local sailor's bar. Not all of them are polished in their delivery and more than a few of us may let our frustration with the nutty and potentially unsafe things we see on the water seep through. I'm not part of the typical sailing demographic so I'm used to responses that range from amusement to snide to simply being ignored. I cull the information I need and move on. For that reason I should know better and try harder to have more patience.

There are a lot of knowledgeable people here trying to make it a little safer for those with less experience who think they cannot be harmed or cannot harm others in their sailboat.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Catalina 30 TRFK

Contributing Editor
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
magazine

Rock Hall Cruising Station

All things that are, are equally removed from being nothing. John Donne
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook