SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2011
Crazy Woman Boat Driver

Melrna will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Melrna Send a message via Yahoo to Melrna
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCP View Post
Marty, don't mean to offend you or any American but I don't see those awards as very meaningful. I had given up reading those magazines years ago. On their tests they say well from all boats they test and they rely so much on publicity that they can offer their magazines almost for nothing in the internet. I never saw there a comparative test with both boats at the water at the same time. I guess they would have to say that one sailed better than the other and they cannot, or don't want, to say that.

Just look at the boat they have chosen as best import, a Leopard 44

of course:

Robertson and Caine design and build the Leopard line of blue water cruising catamarans. As the world wide dealer, Leopard Catamarans is proud to say that over 800 Leopard cats have now sailed more than 7 million miles and the world's largest oceans.
I test sail a Leopard 39 last saturday in some nasty wind and waves. I have to say I was very very impressed with the performance. We did take a huge wave over the bow to stern buried the bow into the wave and the boat did very well losing only a few knots than speed right back up to 7kts at 40 degrees AWA.
We had a reef in the main and full jib out in 23-28 knots of wind. Boat flew.
I love this boat except the helm station ergonomics I thought could use another revamp from Robertson and Cain.

[/QUOTE] You know that I am not saying that the Jeanneau 379 is a bad boat, you know that I don't think that, but that award is pretty meaningless, except for commercial purposes. [/QUOTE]
I couldn't have said it any better!
Catalina 445, Hull #90
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook