SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2011

PCP will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrna View Post
I test sail a Leopard 39 last saturday in some nasty wind and waves. I have to say I was very very impressed with the performance. We did take a huge wave over the bow to stern buried the bow into the wave and the boat did very well losing only a few knots than speed right back up to 7kts at 40 degrees AWA.
We had a reef in the main and full jib out in 23-28 knots of wind. Boat flew.
I love this boat except the helm station ergonomics I thought could use another revamp from Robertson and Cain.
Nice to have you joining the posters on this thread

Melrna, Robertson and Caine the South Africans that make the Leopard certainly know how to do a good cat and they have made them for many years before becoming the designers for Moorings that also own Sunsail. 85% of their boats are for them. Only 15% to other clients and many of them are also charter operators. Do you see the picture?

The Leopard are great cats for what they are made for: Charter on nice seas.

What pissed me off is that among the boats on the contest was an Outremer 49 that any cat lover know that it is an incredibly boat (2011 European cat) even better than the older model that was already one of the best bluewater cats around: Great interior, superior seaworthiness and fantastic speed. The old 49 is one of the cats with more circumnavigations in its belly.

But then I confess that I really don't understand the way that thing about boat of the year is run down there because THE OUTREMER 49 WAS BOAT OF THE YEAR FOR SAILBOAT MAGAZINE

I guess that if 10 sail American boat magazines chose a boat of the year you will get 10 boats of the year

Take a look at the movie:

http://www.sailmagazine.com/best-boa...leSAVWPkQ6Hn0f

http://www.catamaran-outremer.com/en...Outremer-49-#3

Regards

Paulo

Last edited by PCP; 12-10-2011 at 09:18 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook