SailNet Community - View Single Post - Pictures: Those perfect moments
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2011
Super Fuzzy Moderator

tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough
Paulo,
I have a special love of the Basque country but our time spent in Galicia I count as very special. We toured from a'Coruna all the way down to the border where sadly we found out that at the time Australians needed a visa to get into Portugal. So we rented a cottage on the river overlooking the river, kicked back and over indulged in food and wine. The food was exceptional and I still buy Albarinho when I find it in Sydney. Coincidentally had a bottle with dinner last evening. i note here that Portuguese wines are almost impossible to find in Australia except of course for some very ordinary Rose.
Ignoring the argument as to whether Spain and Portugal should be one nation, it has always seemed to me that Galicia is more properly part of Portugal than Spain.
I don't have my all my image files on this computer but I'll hunt down some pics from our Galician tour and post later on.
As for the Med, I would much rather spend my time on the Iberian Biscay and Atlantic coasts even though I am fond of Barcelona, Menorca and Formentera.
Cheers
Andrew

“Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.” Terry Pratchett
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook