SailNet Community - View Single Post - Looking for advise..
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2011
A mod and her dragon

DRFerron is on a distinguished road
I agree with JRD. It's not that the boat isn't big enough, it's also the fact that it has an open deck and it's not made for that type of crossing. My understanding of the Gulf is that storms are frequent. You might find it hard to locate a reputable captain willing to cross that body of water in that type of boat.

Hopping around the coast as JRD suggested would certainly be a safer approach if you want to go by water.

Although I have no idea where to start other than a Google search, you might look into container ship transport, too. That mode of moving boats is not uncommon.

For weather, you might start here: Sailing Weather - Marine Weather Forecasts for Sailors and Adventurers - PassageWeather

Good luck.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Catalina 30 TRFK

Contributing Editor
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
magazine

Rock Hall Cruising Station

All things that are, are equally removed from being nothing. John Donne
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook