SailNet Community - View Single Post - 5 Watt Solar Panel & CPAP Machine
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2011
Sundance 23

carl762 is on a distinguished road
[QUOTEA]It's probably all the carbon monoxide that is helping you sleep so well!!! :-)[/QUOTE]

I have proper ventilation, and I don't let the heat run once I crawl in bed.

Quote:
I'm glad to hear positive reports of runing the CPAP from battery. I must admit, I am probably too much of an engineer as I like hard numbers. Battery capacity, hours run time, battery state at the start/end of run, etc... Saying that it worked great just doesn't compute in my head, too many variables....
Now that I've thought about it, I'm not hooking the CPAP machine to any ship's battery. That's for my LED lights. I play the radio very little, then switch to a netbook and watch movies. My main entertainment is my Kindle 3G. Most entertainment on the boat is portable and taken home each morning to recharge.

Think I'll start a small log to track the power usage on the portable power supply with the CPAP.

I do really really want to outgrow this thing, through increased exercise, losing weight and perhaps trying a dige.