SailNet Community - View Single Post - Trailering a boat - How to step the mast upon arrival (oriental, nc)
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2011
A mod and her dragon

DRFerron is on a distinguished road
Do an internet search for public boat ramps in the state. Maryland and Pennsylvania both have sites through their fish commission or Department of Natural Resources that list all the public boat ramps operated by those agencies.

Generally, if there is such a site for NC, it should provide access details. I did a quick Google search and came up with lots of hits. I'm not familiar enough with NC to know which one would help you.

Also, go to activecaptain.com. Other boaters might have posted ramp information and it's usually more up to date with temporary hazards and other information like that.

If I misread your post and you just need assistance stepping the mast, the only thing I can offer is ask another sailor that's also putting his or her boat into the water to help you. Worse they can do is say no. I don't know of any ramp that has employees who assist with mast stepping.

Reason #4 why we kept our trailer boat in a slip.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Catalina 30 TRFK

Contributing Editor
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
magazine

Rock Hall Cruising Station

All things that are, are equally removed from being nothing. John Donne

Last edited by DRFerron; 12-14-2011 at 12:47 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook