SailNet Community - View Single Post - Morgan 24
Thread: Morgan 24
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2011

gpwil3847 is on a distinguished road
Morgan 24

Recently bought a 1967 Morgan 24 as a project boat. Used to own a Morgan 25 in the early 80's so there is some nostalgia. Mr Morgan built a good boat, and though she is very old I am beginning to realize the quality in her building will allow me to bring her back and enjoy the boat for the years ahead. I do have some questions, and hope the title will attract other Morgan 24/25 owners. Not sure there is a thread here for that yet but it would be nice as we would all have something in common. Anyway...there appears to be a rather large metal tank under the forward V birth toward the bow with a tiny (3" dia.) access hole and the cover is gone. I am assuming this is the water tank for the sink as the faucett has a hose that runs forward under the bulkhead?? How would I ever be able to clean this tank out to use it for drinking water again, if that is not possible I will assume it might be made potable for washing dishes?? and does anyone know what kind of cover fits in the access hole? George in Biloxi.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook