SailNet Community - View Single Post - Calling All North American Spirit 23 Owners
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2011

PaulSims is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to PaulSims
Quote:
Originally Posted by windyway View Post
In my humble view (& I could be entirely wrong but I'm partial) I think the Catalina 22 is inferior, so I'd really like to know why you swapped out an NA23 for a 22 ???
Well I can say without a doubt, that the NA23 is a better boat. It's better built, heavier, and a very forgiving. I single handed mine alot and the bottom line is that I ran across this little Catalina with everything set up to single hand (lines all ran aft). And had to jump on it. I kept it on a trailer and the 23 was just a little too much for me.

Nothing for or against the Catalina, but i probably would have jumped on anything in that size that was set up like this one is. Long term plan is to get my wife through school (she out of state) and buy something a little nicer. The Catalina is just to get me through the next couple of seasons. Ha

I see there is a NA23 thread now. Thats awesome, also looks like the new owner of mine is already asking and swaping info. Glad she went to a good home, I've got alot of blood, sweat and tears in that boat.

Paul
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook