SailNet Community - View Single Post - Need advice on buying new sails for my Venture 21
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2011

FishDragon is on a distinguished road
Again, I thank you for your very helpful info. Do you have any knowledge regarding Mauri Sails? While I have quote requests submitted to about 6 sailmakers so far, Mauri prices seem best so far (Mauri Sails: Sails for Venture 21).

Really glad to hear of your experience with the Venture. I'm really looking forward to spring sailing. I didn't get the boat until late August, so my wife and I only got to take it out once, but it sailed very nicely! Also, thanks for the info on the keel bolt. The boat's on its trailer for the winter, and I intended to replace the bolt and washers anyway, and am even more determined to do so now. Hopefully, that won't be too difficult.

The only other significant issue with the boat is the outboard. It came with an old Gamefisher 7.5 2-stroke (Sears product, I believe) of very questionable reliability. Being a former dirt-biker from way back, I have plenty of knowledge and experience working on 2-strokes, and was thinking about rebuilding it, but was also considering buying a new outboard. I was considering a new Honda 5HP 4-stroke. That should be sufficient power for this boat, don't you think?
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook