SailNet Community - View Single Post - Your preferred Ipad/Ipod/Android SAILING Apps?
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2011
the pointy end is the bow

erps will become famous soon enough erps will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by H and E View Post
I found two Navionics apps; one for 9.99 and one for 14.99. I took a quick look and I could not determine the difference. Also. I need the inland lakes information and I am not sure they are in the app. I am using a Verizon Droid phone.
I had an older Navionics app that was great. I broke the phone and when I went to re-load the app software, my previous app was no longer available. I downloaded the next available app and I'm not as happy with it. The previous app had all the the U.S. This later app has U.S. and Canada, but you physically select the area you want to have, then you download it. That wasn't a big deal. But one time I went to open it up and the app gave me an error message that it couldn't validate my license. Well, it couldn't validate it because I didn't have 3-G coverage where I was. Crap, is the thing even going to work when we're far from cell phone service? The old version did. I'm not so sure about the newer version.
La Conner, WA

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Boating for over 25 years, some of them successfully.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook