SailNet Community - View Single Post - 2011/2012 Used Boat Pricing
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2011

MikeOReilly is on a distinguished road
It definitely remains a buyers market out there. But as a seller (b/c I'm also a recent buyer), one thing that really ticks me off about some potential purchasers is when they send a list of questions about stuff that is well documented on the ad, and on our for sale website (www.elysian.ca if anyone is curious ).

I am more than happy to answer any questions for a serious buyer. I know how hard it is to make decisions from a far (we are "a far" from most buyers), and I want to answer the buyers questions as fully as possible. I'm even happy to send out our most recent survey gratis, although I know this is not common. But it is a waste of both my time, and the buyers, when they don't bother to do their basic homework, and read the info that is already in front of them.

Oh, and don't ask "What is your lowest price?" It's listed on the ad , with "negotiable" beside it (aren't all prices negotiable?1?). Make an offer. I don't care if it's a low-ball or not. I'm a big boy. I know how to say "no."
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook