SailNet Community - View Single Post - 2011/2012 Used Boat Pricing
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2011

Minnewaska will become famous soon enough Minnewaska will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRFerron View Post
Agree with everything except the survey part. If I paid $300+ for a survey, I'm not handing it over. I'm not sure it is usual for a survey to be provided by the seller. Generally, if you want a survey done on the boat you pay for one yourself................
This is true when the seller is asking a buyer for a copy of their survey. It has value and the seller is not entitled to it for free, particulalrly when they would only care for it if the deal falls through.

On the other hand, if the seller already has one, it isn't a terrible place to start and the seller may want you to see it, if then think it will keep you from doing your own. Of course, you should have your own. A seller may then refuse to give it to you as it will simply become the baseline on which the next surveyor begins to look for discrepancies.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jeanneau 54DS

In the harsh marine environment, something is always in need of repair. Margaritas fix everything.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook