SailNet Community - View Single Post - 2011/2012 Used Boat Pricing
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2011

MikeOReilly is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jameswilson29 View Post
No offense, but the issues a buyer should ask about are not disclosed in your ad. You do not say anything useful about the condition (for which you could be held liable). You list the specifications and describe the layout - general information any knowledgeable buyer can find on the internet.

How is your particular boat different from the standard model? What have you done to it? How has it been improved? What are the problem areas you corrected or remedied?
No offense , but you're sounding a bit like one of those annoying buyers who wastes everyone's time. Apparently you didn't read the ad. There is a whole page specifically on upgrades and a complete inventory list in answer to your questions "what has been done, what has been improved, and age of sales (sic)." There are targeted photos of areas which say something about the structural integrity. Do they answer all questions? No, which is why a discussion with the me, the owner, is the very first step. I even state clearly our latest survey is available. I want to answer people's questions. I want an informed buyer. I just don't want to waste my time with people who won't even do the basics like read the website.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jameswilson29 View Post
Are the chainplates o.k.? Bulkheads? Ever sunk? Keel bolts o.k? Wet core? Wet bilge? Boat pox? Repowered? Age and condition of sales/rigging?
How about lightning strike (no), fallen off its cradle (no), ever been in salt water (no), been dismasted (no), dropped by the crane (no)...

You're right, I don't cover all possible questions or all possible scenarios. It's impossible to anticipate all questions, which is why I said I (and most sellers) are more than happy to answer any and all questions about the boat. Just don't waste my (and your) time asking things that are already easily made available.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook