SailNet Community - View Single Post - 2011/2012 Used Boat Pricing
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2011

Minnewaska will become famous soon enough Minnewaska will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeOReilly View Post
As a buyer, I always asked for a previous survey. I don't see this as an unreasonable request. Yes, it has value, but so does everything else on the boat you're trying to sell. I happily hand it over to serious buyers b/c I want them to know as much about the boat as possible.

As a seller, I try to anticipate all the questions a buyer might have, but as James Wilson says, I haven't anticipated them all. I also suffer from owner's-delusion: where we all think our boat is the prettiest, best, most wonderful boat out there (a fact witnessed every time people get into a "No! Mine is best" fight here on SailNet). This is why I ask for, and offer, the survey.
We may both have to re-read to see "who's on first". But I think we both said exactly the same thing.

The question of the monetary value of the survey only come in when the buyer pays to get one, turns the boat down and the seller then wants a copy. No way. Not for free.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jeanneau 54DS

In the harsh marine environment, something is always in need of repair. Margaritas fix everything.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook