SailNet Community - View Single Post - 2011/2012 Used Boat Pricing
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2011
HANUMAN

RobGallagher is on a distinguished road
Questions I ask the broker before wasting any more of my own time;
1. Is there a survey I can see?
2. Are the photos I'm looking at recent?
3. Are their any issues that must be disclosed to me?

Some owners will survey their boat prior to putting it up for sale. This avoids any surprises at closing.

Some brokers will knowingly post old photos on YachtWorld.com I recently looked at a boat with an asking price of 40K. The broker sold the boat to the current owner and used the exact same ad 10 years later.

When I decided to put my boat on the marker three years ago I went to the broker who sold me the boat because I thought they where great. That salesman was gone so I went with another at the same office. Guess what? He pulled my old ad from YachtWorld and posted it. When I called to complain he added new pictures and information, BUT it was still the same ad, he just updated it.

@Mike, talking to tire kickers and people with nothing better to do but window shop is part of the price of doing business. Yes, it's annoying, but you won't get around it. Just as putting an ad on Craigslist is effective, but, you have to constantly weed out the scammers an weirdos, that is the cost of doing business on Craigslist.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook