SailNet Community - View Single Post - 2011/2012 Used Boat Pricing
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2011

MikeOReilly is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobGallagher View Post
@Mike, talking to tire kickers and people with nothing better to do but window shop is part of the price of doing business. Yes, it's annoying, but you won't get around it. Just as putting an ad on Craigslist is effective, but, you have to constantly weed out the scammers an weirdos, that is the cost of doing business on Craigslist.
I agree Rob. And I have no problem with tire-kickers. After all, that's how the process begins. It's the folks who clearly haven't taken the time to do the most basic of research that tick me off. It's a waste of their time, and of mine.

I should say that most people who do contact me have been conscience and well researched about our boat. When I was buying (as I did recently, hence the sale of the old boat), I would always gather as much info as I could about a boat prior to making contact. If I contacted the seller it was b/c I was intrigued enough to want more info. I could then ask focused questions that would let me take the next step: either kick the boat of my list, or step up to the next level of investigation.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook