SailNet Community - View Single Post - Morgan 24
Thread: Morgan 24
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2011

gpwil3847 is on a distinguished road
That's a good thought, so far I have seen a really nasty picture someone took of the inside of their tank after they cut a hole for an access window - he stopped drinking the water then and there! I have heard Bleach, Vinigar and probably the best advice is to use bleach and rinse it out then use the water only for dishes, or hand washing and carry bottled water when cruising. The RV sites may have a better answer.

I do have lots of plywood, but someone told me there are sheets of a 3/8" fiberglass like material that would not rot. One thing about wood is sooner or later it is going to rot, I do have some left over treated lumber that I could cut up for the floor supports around the bilge access, I may try that. There may be treated plywood?? I suppose painting the inside of the hull and the wood with an off white perhaps a shade of cream enamel would be nice, resistant to mildew and make the inside of the boat look new again too? I am retired retired as my wife suffers from early onset dementia - the boat is part therapy to take my mind off of all of that - hard thing. I have always loved sailing our dock is in our front yard, I just restored water to the dock, and added a security gate, and a very unsatisfactory solar light which does little more than shine dimly for about 5 hours after the sun goes down then goes out just intime for pirates to come in the night! Oh well, will have to pay a few hundred for electricity I suppose....

Last edited by gpwil3847; 12-18-2011 at 09:22 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook