SailNet Community - View Single Post - The challenge of experience
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2011
Swab

vega1860 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by erps View Post
My wife and I keep talking about heading out to Neah Bay one of these summers (instead of Desolation Sound which is our usual trip) and sailing a couple days towards Hawaii and then turning around and sailing back. We keep putting it off though, but I'd like for her to experience it before we put too much more money into the boat for our planned full time cruising retirement.
I don't think anyone would call us inexperienced but we don't claim to be experts either. We got our "Feet wet" so to speak by sailing straight out from Honolulu for a day, then sailing back before attempting inter-island voyages. We sailed across the Pacific in a square rigger to get an idea of what it would be like to be at sea for weeks at a time and Laura signed on to crew on a delivery of a schooner from San Diego to Kauai. Eventually, we sailed from Hawaii to Port Townsend and cruised in your neck of the woods for three and a half years before heading back to the islands. Our first attempt at leaving the strait was a little trying.

Don't show this video to your wife before you watch it yourself

This video is the follow up report in Neah Bay.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook