SailNet Community - View Single Post - Contest Yachts
Thread: Contest Yachts
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2011

igorkiporouk is on a distinguished road
Perhaps i don't have some plan o instructions, just some rough sketches. I took something from Walt Murray (principal dimensions and crankshaft gear), some ideas from windpilot and others brands. I started to build it before i bought the boat and changed consruction several times adapting to materials that managed obtain cheaply o gratis. Some cuttings of SS pipes, pieces of plastic. I found on the beach plastik rudder from small sailing dinghy (or cat) and used it for pendulum oar blade (before that i broke two wooden blades). How i told before, i continue to make small improvements every season on the basis of experiense. If you want to build your own, i think the OS Walt free plan will be very useful. (look for it in internet,). It designed to use minimum tools and readily available materials. If you will like it, i still have some of its detailed drawings.
My manual bilge pumpe came with the boat. It is mounted in cocpit, under the bunk (see pics). Handle pipe i keep in locker. Suction pipe go in the same bilge sump, where electrical pump with floating switch mounted. Output Thru-Hull fitting is above waterline
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2009-12.JPG (28.5 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg P1030606.JPG (35.6 KB, 28 views)
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook