SailNet Community - View Single Post - Beaufort, NC to Tortola, BVI via Culebra, PR - January 6/7/8
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2011

blanc is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by speciald View Post
I sailed (both raced and cruised) a C&C37+ for 10 years and did a few off-shore races. I would not consider that boat a serious off-shore boat. By sparten do you mean no radar, no lfe raft, no weather routing, no dodger? What is the skipper's experience on the boat on far off-shore sailing? You do know that you will probably experience strong fronts aabout every 3-5 days that time of year. At this moment here in Sint maarten we are experiencing the Christmas winds over 30kts with 15 ft seas. That C&C will pound hard enough to loosen your dental fillings.
I start liking it, first it the sewingknot, who most like got to the end of his booze and trolls before falling into deep sleep, second comes the no-power-EPRIB-heli-rescue-kid who likes sewing (and sewing likes him back), and then the expert.

Yes special delivery, I agree, she is not Tayana 37 or other full keels I sailed Atlantic and Baltic on, but she can manage without radar and without routing. There is Navtex and plotter and spare and another spare. There is no dodger but a small bimini. There is no locking cabin, if you have sailed for more than 10 years on the R, you should know that and that there is no leather either.

However, there is ability and there are skills here, and while she will not point 35 degrees in 35 knots, she will get me where I want.

Please - those WHO ARE WILLING TO CREW respond to this post.

I am willing to sail and not waste time responding to trolls or "seawolves".
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook