SailNet Community - View Single Post - Beaufort, NC to Tortola, BVI via Culebra, PR - January 6/7/8
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2011
Somewhat Senior Member

mgmhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by blanc View Post
I start liking it, first it the sewingknot, who most like got to the end of his booze and trolls before falling into deep sleep, second comes the no-power-EPRIB-heli-rescue-kid who likes sewing (and sewing likes him back), and then the expert.

Yes special delivery, I agree, she is not Tayana 37 or other full keels I sailed Atlantic and Baltic on, but she can manage without radar and without routing. There is Navtex and plotter and spare and another spare. There is no dodger but a small bimini. There is no locking cabin, if you have sailed for more than 10 years on the R, you should know that and that there is no leather either.

However, there is ability and there are skills here, and while she will not point 35 degrees in 35 knots, she will get me where I want.

Please - those WHO ARE WILLING TO CREW respond to this post.

I am willing to sail and not waste time responding to trolls or "seawolves".
With the courtesy, consideration and charm you have exhibited in your posts I am shocked there are not scores of seasoned sailors lined up to join you on this trip. Hopefully you'll keep us posted on your progress...just for the entertainment value.
Catalina 387 #29
Rock Hall, MD
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook