Bristol 45.5 - AiniA
Join Date: May 2006
Thanked 124 Times in 112 Posts
Rep Power: 12
I think that my flight back to Oz is March 23 and going west I actually get there on the same day. Coming back to Canada it was two days later. Crossing the dateline by boat at 6 knots is really different than crossing it by plane at 600.
I looked at the 2011 piracy map and there was one incident toward the end of Madagascar. More of a problem if you are coming from a bit further north than Chagos. I think the decision will be based on decisions about time usage - how much to spend in Indonesia, Chagos, Mauritius, Madagascar/Mozambique, South Africa. I think I do want to hit the Carnival in Brazil so may work back from Feb 7 there.
After the refit we have decided to sell Ainia. We want something smaller that would be could for the light summer winds of Lake Ontario, although we plan to spend at least a couple of winters in the Caribbean before heading north.
Last edited by killarney_sailor; 12-24-2011 at 10:09 AM.