SailNet Community - View Single Post - Hauling boat home for painting
View Single Post
Old 12-26-2011

tommays will become famous soon enough
There is a fairly high initial expense in the jack-stands and at 125 dollars each i was Not going to fool around threading shaft and adjustment handles

How you cover the boat is a BIG deal for two reasons as around here this is legally a membrane structure and is NOT LEGAL so we played tag taking it up and down as needed

The other BIG ISSUE is Not turning your yard into a superfund sight as there is a lot of freaking dust involved and as i am on concrete it was easy to keep things form soaking into the soil

Seafever is pretty easy to move and as far as cost we have a deal with the truck guy BUT is 400 dollars TWO times a year PLUS the boat yard cost

Zzzoom is a bit more of a PITA to move due to the 7' draft

I would call it a convenience more than a money saver as i still spend about 2K per year moving it with the yard costs BUT its great to have all my tools 5' away in a secure place

The biggest possible issue is local zoning laws as in Seafevers neighborhood its legal in the driveway and down the road 7 miles away Zzzoom has to be behind the home

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1981 J24 Tangent 2930
Tommays
Northport NY

If a dirty bottom slows you down what do you think it does to your boat
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by tommays; 12-26-2011 at 03:57 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook