SailNet Community - View Single Post - Knock Downs
Thread: Knock Downs
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2011
Last Man Standing

smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobdersegler View Post
Hi one and all,
I'm new here, and have just come accross this thread "Knockdowns", and thought that maybe my experience of an "Eskimo Roll" in the N.Atlantic would fit in.
Sailing in a 30ft, Murena from Bermuda to the Azores. We had 300 miles to go when we got cought in a cross sea and 9Bft, a very angry, frothing white wave (15 ft ) sounding like an express freight train hit us broadside and the world turned upside down. I was underdeck as it happened, the hinged hatch (stupid design ) opened up, the boards were washed into the boat with an awfull lot of cold, green sea water. " Oh ****, and now."
Nothing to do but wait and see. After some minutes I heard the freight train heading down on us once again, it hit us with full force and the world was the right way up, only the mast was now pointing in the wrong direction. To cut along story short, we were picked up by a container ship and taken to Canada.
bobdersegler.To the women of our land and the ships of our sea's, may the latter be well Capt'ned and the first well manned,
Oh yeah - this one's going into the BFS thread.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

S/V Dawn Treader - 1989 Hunter Legend 40
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook