SailNet Community - View Single Post - Knock Downs
Thread: Knock Downs
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2011
KNOT KNOWN

Capt.aaron is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by randyrhines View Post
The laptop also blinded me continually, holding it between my knees with my feet braced on the opposite seat. for hours i was stuck like this 3 hours out and 3 h
ours back, pissing in a cup and throwing it over the side, a lil seasick everything in the boat was on the cabin sole, running bare poles, my lil Yanmar 10 horse inboard diesel, cranked up to 3400 rpm to claw off the Cape Hurd itself as a southwest wind was trying driving me onto the rocks, it was gruelling, swore i would never go out again if God brought me in safe, and kept my promise right up until the next day.
I could see my cooler on the floor it had some beer in it, and as soon as i got in calm water of the channel i quaffed 2 down real quick to settle my stomach and nerves.
I get it. I've used a chartplotter in recient years to get through places at night I would of in the past had to sail around untill first light. Glad you made it in. I've made simular promises and broke them just as quickly. It's funny how even a shook up warm beer will taste so damn good in a situation like that! Yet another story to intimidate me of the Great Lakes!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook