SailNet Community - View Single Post - Radar Issues
Thread: Radar Issues
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2011

olson34 is on a distinguished road
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainForce View Post
Is this sarcasm? Is Raymarine that bad?.....or was this a mistake?
Whoa.
Are you replying to the correct post??
That post was complementary to Raymarine.

My local marine electronics shop often advises customers to save their money and not trade up or change when it's not in the customer's best interest. No reason why an ethical person @ Raymarine would be different.

I have not had to call Raymarine directly, but I have called and emailed the US factory support guys at Furuno with my radar questions several times and they are unfailingly helpful and always seem to have my interests at heart -- guess that they know that a satisfied customer keeps comin' back...

L

ps: eBay may be helpful for sourcing electronics, but you are pretty much rolling the dice. By the time you add S/H, and add up the after sale support (normally minimal or zero) I find that my local independent dealer is within 10% of the cheapo price, and I get great after-sale support from them.
And, No, I am not professionally employed in the industry, but I have spent a lot of time folded into small compartments and working upside down in boats repairing and installing stuff and have learned what my time is worth.

Last edited by olson34; 12-29-2011 at 03:38 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook