SailNet Community - View Single Post - Radar Issues
Thread: Radar Issues
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2011

Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainForce View Post
"they won't try to sell you something unless the components you have are incompatible"

"they won't try to sell you something if the components you have are incompatible"

Don't pretend that these are not opposite statements. I would expect that most of us would favor not being sold incompatible components. I'll step away from this debate about basic use of language. Golly, I don't need no wrong parts!...or is it wrong parts that I don't need!
So if we replace the word "unless" with it's definition...

Unless - except under the circumstances that; except on the condition that

they won't try to sell you something except under the circumstances that the components you have are incompatible

they won't try to sell you something except on the condition that the components you have are incompatible

I think it works either way...

Or looked at another way if the stuff you had WAS compatible they would not try and sell you more stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainForce View Post
"they won't try to sell you something if the components you have are incompatible"
"If" components I already owned and bought were "incompatible" I would hope they would try and sell me the right stuff so I could get my system going...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

© Images In Posts Property of Compass Marine Inc.

Last edited by Maine Sail; 12-30-2011 at 12:09 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook