SailNet Community - View Single Post - Just beginning to shop around... would love feedback/ideas...
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2011

shadowraiths is on a distinguished road
Another update.

Sailed her to new home today. Well, the delivery guy did. I just manned (or would that be wo-manned?) the tiller. He did all the hard work... raising/trimming the sails, that sort of thing. The day was gorgeous. Sunny, beam wind, ... perfect. There were a few people sailing... taking advantage of the Sun. Not many, though. I suspect there will be more tomorrow as we are expecting near 70 temps, tomorrow.

Hmm... what's left? Well, lessee, I cut the land-line umbilical (ala comcast) today. Am relying upon mobile wifi now. Believe it or not, that was the hardest, actually canceling the land line services. lol But anyway, still have to move my "stuff" outta my apt and either sell it, give it away, or move it into storage. It'll probably be a combo of the latter two.

As for the important part, you know, the sailing bit? Looks like I'll need to inventory the rigging which, from what we can tell, needs a complete redo. Stuff was routed bass-ackwards. We made do, but will need to revisit and correct before I take her out again.

Oh and. Love the new place, too. It's very upscale, resort-ish.

And finally, importantly. Happy New Year! :-)
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook