SailNet Community - View Single Post - Should I buy or Build my own
View Single Post
Old 01-01-2012

AlaskaBySail is on a distinguished road
I will do that and take your advice. I will get the book and read it twice, But I would hate to give up my comfort for the rough sea. What is wrong with having an ample size kitchen, and a bigger than normal size shower. I don't like a shower curtain or something touching me while I'm taking a shower. I'm a big broaded guy too. I will take all the advice in and will hopefully be able take off some extra weekends and visit the sailboat community and talk with them as well where they hang out. Hopefully at the local hangout resturant or bar or even try to talk some people at the docks where they have their boats docked. I don't have a problem learning to crawl before I sail or walk so to speak either. I will pursue my passion of dreams. I have a buyer now trying to buy the house I have in Montana. I would rather sell the one I have here and live in my motorhome and sell the motorhome second to the house and then buy my boat or build it one. I"m seriously considering building my own. I just wish I had a lot of people that have locally or somewhere close that has built a bruce roberts design or built one period. I see the heavier the better for the rough seas. so that makes me want to go with steel. I can weld too. Aluminum would be nice but no where as heavy. I just have alot to learn about buildijng and that is why I have been reading all the books I can read from the library as well. I can do fiberglass too. I have helped a friend in the boat business for many years but only local fresh water boats nothing ocean wise other than we done a floor in a 38 foot open boat. That was easy to do. I appreciate your help
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook