SailNet Community - View Single Post - Should I buy or Build my own
View Single Post
Old 01-01-2012

AlaskaBySail is on a distinguished road
I don't think I want a multi-hull. If I have a 14.5 or a 15.5 beam and 45 feet in length. I can be very satisfied. I think according to the plan I can be satisfied with 41footer aswell. But nothing smaller than 39footer by no means. I want to fish heavily off the boat as well. I fish locally and love to fish. Many years of my life been fishing many nights and cathing many fish. I love it and love it as much as cooking. The Spray type is what I have been looking at by Bruce Roberts anyway.I just don't understand the difference between a spray and a regular sailboat. What is the difference? I will have a wind generator, solar panels, and solar hot water. I have them on my motorhome and love it. all you need is the batteries for the panels, I have a 2000 watt inverter on my motorhome. I have everything 12 volt and gas. I prefer gas for cooking and heat. That is what I have in my home too. Propane, LPG. and at home have solar water heater, works great from the sun. So your telling me to do some nasty sailing at night first. I know there is not always good you have to take the bad and the good at the same time. Have no problem with that. As long as I have an experienced person on board to instruct me and teach me not a problem. Don't get me wrong I don't want to die out there or nothing like that. I want to be safe all the way by all accounts. I know how to conserve water as well too. I have done a lot of hunting in the wilderness and taken many showers in the ruff from my bucket collecting water with a shower head at bottom. I made that and it works good. You get wet. Turn it off, soap up and get the soap off and that is it. I"m a tight wad at heart when it comes to conserving but I am not going to do with out unless the hardship persists for some reason or another.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook