SailNet Community - View Single Post - Morgan 24
Thread: Morgan 24
View Single Post
Old 01-01-2012

gpwil3847 is on a distinguished road
Thrilled at my new CB Wench Handle, amazed that I made a perfect fit for a 3/8" wrachet with nothing more than a vice to hold the wench handle, a 3/8" hex head tip as a guide and a 3/8" wrachet to check for fit and a file - I did it and the wench handle looks wonderful - all for about $10.00!!! I was so proud I posted a picture of it on my face book site. I figure I will just glue the old tiller back together and perhaps sand and varnish it to install when Felicity is docked, I have to polish up the flat steel 3/16" spacers for the new tiller which is 3/8" too narrow. Need to finish up and grease the #2 sheve I believe Mr Morgan called them. Then make a wood handle for the wench handle on the mast. Won't take too long to put the sheeve back in, bolt the centerboard cable back together and ensure she is well greased. Then I will be waiting for the haul out! I need to inspect the halyards as the nylon part on each one are well past the time when they should have been changed, may need a crimping tool so better measure the diameter of the wire used for the main and the jib and see how the two were joined then it's off to lowes which carries braded line. Don't know why boat stores want to charge 4X what everything is really worth!

Last edited by gpwil3847; 01-01-2012 at 10:24 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook