SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2012

PCP will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjung View Post
I'm not sure, if this boat has been posted yet...?
Gunfleet 43, was exhibited at the Southhampton Boatshow, a new venture for Richard Mathews (founder of Oyster Yachts), and designed by Tony Castro.
I find the design quite innovative, and not a repetition of features on other "new" designs, from the deck layout, helm (why hasn't anyone else thought of this?), and interior design. Also notable are the many opening portholes and hatches for good ventilation below, which so many new designs lack. Sail handling looks like the boat would be easy to single hand as well.
The Mathews/ Castro combo should also assure good sailing performance, can't wait for a review.....
13m Gunfleet 43 | Tony Castro Yacht Design
Hei Bjung, thanks for posting, but I guess that we don't have the same opinion I like the interior and the overall quality and that's all.

I saw this design some months back then it was on Southampton and Hamburg boat shows but as I did not like the boat I did not post about it.

I found the boat very ugly and with an old hull design although a modern bulbed keel.

That is a very British boat in a bad sense, I mean old design and ugly, one that only the English would like (are you English Bjung) but things are not what used to be anymore and even the English are making nice looking boats now. I bet than in two years they are going out of business and that Southerly are going to eat them alive.

That wheel even if nice it is not new. Arcona DS and Dehler 41 DS among others used them.

Regards

Paulo

Last edited by PCP; 01-03-2012 at 12:49 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook