SailNet Community - View Single Post - I am SO new....
Thread: I am SO new....
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2012

hellosailor has a spectacular aura about hellosailor has a spectacular aura about
hg, now you can swear AS a sailor, not just like one. Anyone can use the FCC's "seven dirty words" but there's a true art to swearing without redundancy, or those seven words.

Seasickness is something that some of us are cursed with and from personal experience I would urge you to be open about it, and to take a good look at your options while on land. That is, get several diffferent meds and try them out, one per weekend, while you are in the comfort of home ashore. You'll find some disagree with you, others don't, how effective they are at sea is of course something else again. The electric wristband can be very effective if it is positioned exactly right. And the prescription meds (like Scopace) are serious meds not to be taken lightly--but also invaluable when lesser things don't work.

If it is done properly or done well, a day in a boat should be a good day. If you find yourself wet, cold, hungry, bored...speak up and change things, sailing SHOULD be better than that! Warm dry clothes, good meals, all these things count.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook