SailNet Community - View Single Post - Yet another introduction from a noob
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2012

badwinds is on a distinguished road
Yet another introduction from a noob

Greetings,

This will be the second time the sail away bug has bit me and the first time I will be successful in following the wind. I plan on this being a shoe string step up process since I am land locked and will have to go a long ways to start looking for a boat of my own. I figure I learn the basics on a local lake this summer with a Sunfish or the like with maybe a step up to a small cabin daysailer in the 20' range. Head for the Gulf Coast next year and look for a <35'er that will make passage to the Keys and Bahamas. While looking I can crew on like sized boats with other solo and like minded captains that I can learn the areas that I want to sail. I can get a good idea for what type of boat would be good for me and that I can handle solo.

Anyway, that's the plan for now. Give me a good two years and I'll have a good boat and living on the hook somewhere in the world. I'm an ex-Navy engineman and look forward to getting a poorman's fixer-uper seaworthy with me aboard and meeting as many new people as possible.

Fair winds and following seas, until we meet again
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook