SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2012

PCP will become famous soon enough
Do you know where is the best place to find interesting sailboats (besides this thread)?

Dusseldorf boat show, without any doubt. If you have never been there you could not imagine the size.

I an posting about this because the boat show is this month between 21 and 29 of this month. You will find there dealers from all the world including America and that's probably the place where you can get a better deal on a new boat.

What you are going to gain with special boat show prices will vastly compensates the price of the voyage and that is probably also true for charting where the prices can go till 20% under what you can manage on the net.

Besides Dusseldorf is a very nice place with great food and a brewery that makes beer on the spot and has a terrific ambiance (kind of 30's if you know what I mean). It is the German city with highest living standards and German standards are not low. A lovely city in the center of Europe with excellent fast railway connections to many big European cities. That's why the world's biggest boat show is there in first place.

After the first time I was there at almost 10 years ago I returned almost every year. I am not going this year and I am already missing it

Just to give you an idea:

.... 1,600 exhibitors from over 50 countries will be presenting their innovations for the coming season in 17 Düsseldorf exhibition halls from 21 to 29 January 2012 – from fishing rods right through to luxurious large yachts....

International and unrivalled for boats and yachts Messe Düsseldorf expects some 650 foreign participations at boot 2012. This means more than one in three exhibitors will come from abroad...An unrivalled international array of boats with 1,700 types of all sizes spreads over eleven exhibition halls. ..

Boot Düsseldorf is a must for yachtsmen! Halls 16 and 17 await them with a top-notch range of sailing boats and yachts presented by 150 exhibitors.

Particularly positive is the trend in the small yet refined, special segment of catamarans and trimarans which were given their own separate, dedicated platform in Hall 15 last year. The concept went down so well that many exhibitors have decided to extend their presentations at boot 2012, i.e. they now wish to bring their boats rather than information stands to Düsseldorf. 15 suppliers in Hall 15 will be covering all aspects of the popular multi-hull sailing.

Probably you will not find all the sailing boats there, but this will give you an idea:

boot 2012 - Sailing Boats & Yachts

Some movies from last year's edition:

Guten Tag, Düsseldorf ! - Annonce bateaux - Annonces bateaux - Occasion Bateaux - Occasion Voiliers - Occasion voiles

If you go buy the tickets on line. The tickets includes a free transport title for the city public transport service (for the day).

Last edited by PCP; 01-08-2012 at 01:22 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook