SailNet Community - View Single Post - SSB License
Thread: SSB License
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2012

Minnewaska will become famous soon enough Minnewaska will become famous soon enough
If you looked up its station license, then be sure to jot down the MMSI number if the FCC assigned one.

To confirm my sanity, I just signed onto my FCC account and began the process to apply for a new station license. After a half dozen questions, you are asked to either fill in the previously assigned MMSI number or request a new one. This must be the transfer concept I was recalling.

If the MMSI has already been entered into a DSC radio anywhere aboard, you will need to know that number when applying for a new station license. If you ask for a new one, you won't be able to match your radios, as the radios dont permit updates. (I do believe you can send them back to the manufacturer to be wiped clean, but who would want to bother.)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jeanneau 54DS

In the harsh marine environment, something is always in need of repair. Margaritas fix everything.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook