SailNet Community - View Single Post - mississippi/arkansas/intracoastal
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2006

weedeater64 is on a distinguished road
I have the sharpie book, the dory book, buehler's backyard book, s.s. rabl's backyard book, and I think I can build from the info in these books. I haven't made a solid decicion on which boat. I am thinking maybe smaller even down to 22 feet. I want an easily driven hull to go up rivers, and that's why I'm considering the long sharpie. I like the egret in parker's book, and the 30 foot cruising sharpie in chapelle's boatbuilidng. And definitely like the multihulls, but thought they would not be good around a lot of river traffic. I'd like to do the coastal and river thing for a while , then maybe build george bueler's hagar or juno. And venture out a bit further. My I'm currently driving a forklift and thought I could find warehouse jobs along the waterlines. I'm pretty much a general laborer. Had some experience operating different equipment, some of specialized. Thought I might learn to dive and make some money scrubbing bottoms. I would be exercising frugal living, think I could get by on less than most people.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook