SailNet Community - View Single Post - Any PSC37s with 4-blade Variprops out there?
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2012

orientalnc2010 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythago View Post
Hi, folks....

. Prowell is long gone now but apparently their technology was acquired and refined by Variprop. To make a long story short, the stops in the hub of this thing wear and need to be built up every other season, pitch is not easily adjustable (requires welding or filing the stops) and there are some cracks in the blade root of one blade.... so, it is time for a replacement.

At this point we are considering going to a 16" 4-blade feathering Variprop. Plus, the hub on the Variprop is short enough that we can get it on the shaft without taking off the rudder.

Dave and Sherry
Hi Dave and Sherry,
I cannot give you the information that you are looking for but I have a few questions.

What refinements did Variprop make to solve your previous problems?
I was not aware that the rudder had to be removed to install some feathering prop, do you know if that is true with a Maxi-prop?

I am considering installing a feathering prop to replace my 2 blade fixed and am in the beginning stages of doing my research.
PSC 31 #125
Ryoko
Oriental, NC
One of the two happiest days in a sailors life
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook