SailNet Community - View Single Post - The final solution - what I came up with regarding auxiliary propulsion (pic heavy)
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2012
Don't sail anymore

chrisncate is on a distinguished road
The final solution - what I came up with regarding auxiliary propulsion (pic heavy)

Well, here it is - this is the solution for the problems that may be encountered cruising in tight quarters (fairways/locks/canals whatever), without any kind of permanently installed motor. It's an outboard motor bracket bracket...

The biggest problem I had was not with the idea of having a small outboard for times when it's needed, but rather with the notion of a hideous eyesore permanent motor bracket mounted on such a beautiful overhang.

So.. I designed this nifty little stainless steel device here:

I made sure the fit was precise, and the motor bracket (when dropped into the motor bracket bracket) is threaded and bolted thru, in addition to the zipper welds. You'll see what I mean when you look at the pics below..

I'll mount it over a heavy piece of black rubber (pictured below) and bed with butyl, and of course use a huge backing plate (again, pictured below).

Well, lay it on me.. what do you think?

Last edited by chrisncate; 01-12-2012 at 02:04 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook