SailNet Community - View Single Post - The final solution - what I came up with regarding auxiliary propulsion (pic heavy)
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2012
prwg, NOW!

chrisncate is on a distinguished road
Thanks guys, especially Smack and Bubble (know how you often feel about me, and I greatly appreciate what both of you said here in this thread- thank you!).

Smack - You asked:
Quote:
Maybe you should just go with a fixed mount that slides in and out of the BracketSquared?
Maybe you're right, but I happened to have this brand new bracket laying around from years ago when Boatersworld (I think that's what it was called anyway, sheesh.. mind is going blank) went out of business. If this one winds up not working, I'll just make a fixed mount thats simpler and thicker steel than the one I designed this bracket for. Prolly should have done that to begin with, but like all projects - this one evolved as it went...

Dab - Try not to picture using this bracket idea as a full on substitute for a motor (your question about wondering how quick one could get it mounted with a barge/large commercial vessel/ship), think of it more like what I op'd, just "help" in favorable conditions, light/no airs, or significant chop in tight quarters/unsailable areas..

Last edited by chrisncate; 01-12-2012 at 02:08 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook