SailNet Community - View Single Post - The final solution - what I came up with regarding auxiliary propulsion (pic heavy)
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2012
Tartan 27' owner

CalebD will become famous soon enough
Fish or cut bait

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisncate View Post
The way you wrote that last part sounds like you're coming for me when your ice cave melts and you emerge this spring

Re; pragmatism - I hear you but what else can I do? Unless it's "on the outside, all the time", I need a small amount of motor for the locks/ narrow unsailable channels, no? This bracket was born out of the many discussions/debates/arguments right here on the motorless topic you know... I take things seriously (even when I don't), and I freely admit many of you made good arguments.
And I do think it is a clever idea. You would not be the first person to head down the eastern seaboard with only an outboard. This guy did it in 1912: http://www.amazon.com/Boy-Me-Cat-Hen.../dp/1589762266
Betcha' didn't know they even had outboards in 1912!

Still waiting for the 'ice caves' to form up here. The threat is only that I like to get down to 'Naptown about twice a year for a sail on your skinny Chessy waters. I'd be happy to stop by your boat and admire and lambaste all the hard work you have put into your boat.

I'm in FL right now, heading down to the keys to see a friends boat but when the 'ice caves' do finally settle in be advised that I will become much more crusty.

Cheers.

Everybody has one:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook