SailNet Community - View Single Post - The final solution - what I came up with regarding auxiliary propulsion (pic heavy)
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2012
Don't sail anymore

chrisncate is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalebD View Post
And I do think it is a clever idea. You would not be the first person to head down the eastern seaboard with only an outboard. This guy did it in 1912: Amazon.com: The Boy, Me, and the Cat (9781589762268): Henry Plummer: Books
Betcha' didn't know they even had outboards in 1912!

Still waiting for the 'ice caves' to form up here. The threat is only that I like to get down to 'Naptown about twice a year for a sail on your skinny Chessy waters. I'd be happy to stop by your boat and admire and lambaste all the hard work you have put into your boat.

I'm in FL right now, heading down to the keys to see a friends boat but when the 'ice caves' do finally settle in be advised that I will become much more crusty.

Cheers.
Enjoy the Keys, sounds like the place to be right about now... and who knows, maybe we'll meet up on the bay sometime for a sail and some beers.. I am so ready after a year of no sailing and all work...

Outboards - had I never been to Fairwinds Marina, I'd have never known about ancient outboards.. ever been there? They have some of the most awesome old stuff hanging up in there, truly amazing motors. Each one has a "hold" tag on it too...

Cool looking book, have you read it? There was an ICW back then.... ?
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook