SailNet Community - View Single Post - The final solution - what I came up with regarding auxiliary propulsion (pic heavy)
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2012
Get over yourself already

chrisncate is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by casey1999 View Post
Chris, how do you nav lights work without a battery (oil lamps)? How is the compost toilet working- thinking maybe installing one myself.
Yup, oil lamps. Copper no less, and really beautiful in their form and functionality. They bill them as visible from 20km (lol, yea - ok then..), but they are very bright with the heavy fresnel lenses magnifying the light, and seemingly wind proof so far.

The composting toilet is the last frontier, as of right now it's still waiting patiently for it's first deposit. All the other stuff gets used as we work (still working, the end is nigh though). I'll admit though, even though I'm a believer and have even seen them in person on a few boats in use (and all was fine with nothing but glowing reviews), still have that "uh, hmm..." feeling...

I'm sure it'll be fine, again I'm a believer and have seen them in use in a live aboard capacity and all was fine (no stink at all).
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook