SailNet Community - View Single Post - Vagabond 42 Fellowship video tour and sailing adventure
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2012

drakeParagon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackdale View Post

Deck tour video

Love your enthusiasm.

You might do a bit of ****** / sequence.

I liked how you pointed out the tether points in the cockpit. Were the jacklines removed?

Question - did the reef points terminate at the leech cringle or did they pass through the cringle and tie off at the boom?
Hi Jackdale, Thanks!

We had jacklines going from the bow cleats to the stern cleats. I wish I had started filming the deck tour before we stowed them, or had mentioned them in the video. We didn't have any jacklines going to that tether point in the cockpit, but rather it was just for the helmsman to clip into.

I've never seen that kind of reefing set up before... I couldn't find any additional cleats or blocks on the boom for the reefing lines and though it seemed a little strange I ended up terminating them at the leech cringes with bowlines.

On this voyage, all aboard were very new to the boat and we were shaking down and figuring out her systems throughout the whole voyage as I'll show in upcoming episodes...

Thanks for watching and I really appreciate the feedback!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook